Have you ever wanted to run, but not been quite sure where to start, or feared running groups for the sake of “not being able to keep up”? Well let me assure you, you are not alone, but, you are in the right place. The Flow Athletic Running Division is open to all levels, and the perfect platform to quite literally get you from Sofa2Surf with professionally tailored programming for the beginner right through to the social athlete.
We offer three sessions a week with a large focus on coaching and technique. Our Centennial Park sessions on Tuesday and Thursday mornings primarily focus on speed and pacing, technique, and middle distance intervals. It’s the perfect place to start being able to regress the session to your level with the advice of your coach.
Saturday mornings are the beautiful harbour run where we focus more on distance, aerobic fitness, and of course, our social skills with a coffee stop at Jackie’s Cafe after.
The running season is on our doorstep and to ensure you are able to perform at your best, stay injury free, make friends, and finally see what that “runners high” is all about, we have a series of programs and workshops to give you the very best experience.
- Prehab & Rehab for Runners Workshop with Luke Khoury: 4th April 2019
- SMH Half Marathon: 13th May 2019
- Nutrition for Runners – Presented by Peta Caridge, Clinical Sports Dietitian: 13th May 2019
- City2Surf 12 Week Program Begins: 20th May 2019
- Queenstown Half & Full Marathon Program Commerces: 1st July 2019
- City2Surf: 11th August 2019
- Queenstown Marathon: 16th November 2019
Whether you want to learn to run, complete your first marathon, or simply feel confident in your ability to exercise with a group of likeminded people outdoors, we have you covered.