Here are some tips on how to experience the ‘space between’: (all of the below is enjoyed even more device-free!)
– Buy a bean bag. They’re affordable, mobile and come in a range of colours to suit your personality and mood. Plus you can plonk into them and chill out with a friend, a book or little mate Wilbur. More on the art of ‘plonking’ later.
– Lie in the sun. Take time out on your weekend to lie in the grass and soak up some Vitamin D. It will instantly lift your mood, relax your muscles and teach you the art of slowing down. Notice any form of resistance or boredom 30 seconds in – be strong – stay lazy just for a bit.
– Gratitude. Train yourself when you wake in the morning to remind yourself of the things you’re grateful for. Even if you roll over to your partner or pet and share with them your little morsels of gratitude. Warning: Flow Athletic takes no responsibility for the negative feedback one receives when you sharing with them before a 5.30am class.
– Disconnect to Reconnet: Take half a day each week to disconnect from social media, emails and texts. If someone wants you urgently enough they’ll call. Step away from the phone and start opening your eyes to right now.
– Eating Meditation: spend one meal a week where all you do is focus on chewing, sensations, taste, how the food moves over the tongue and down into the stomach. Savour, enjoy and appreciate where your food came from.